January 2, 2018

Out with the Old

Pin It
Not too long ago, a friend sent me a link with the most searched foods in every state.  As I read the list, I realized I'd shared recipes for 10 of these foods.  While I ring in 2018 by preparing new blog posts, I thought I'd share these oldies but goodies from previous years.  Did your state make my list?


Alabama:  My grandmother's made from scratch pound cake has been one of my top 10 posts since I shared the recipe in 2013.


Margaret's Morsels | Loaf Cake

Arizona:  You don't need a lot of chilies to add heat to this crock-pot chili.

Margaret's Morsels | Crock-Pot Chili


Illinois:  This chicken and wild rice soup is similar to one served at a popular restaurant chain.


Margaret's Morsels | Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


Indiana:  Hoosiers hankering for noodle casseroles might want to try this oodles of noodles lasagna recipe.



Margaret's Morsels | Oodles of Noodles Lasagna


Kentucky:  This peanut butter fudge requires no cooking, unless you consider softening ingredients in the microwave as cooking!



Margaret's Morsels | Peanut Butter Fudge


Maine:  You don't have to roll, cut out or fry these doughnuts.




Margaret's Morsels | Baked Mini Doughnuts


Michigan:  I don't make dessert very often, but when I do chances are I'm making these no bake cookies.



Margaret's Morsels | Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Ohio:  The Buckeye State loves the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, especially in the form of peanut butter brownies.

Margaret's Morsels | Blue Ribbon Peanut Butter Brownies

Vermont:  One of the few states whose most searched food is a vegetable. These pickled beets taste just like what my mom used to make.

Margaret's Morsels | Pickled Beets

West Virginia:  West Virginians love pumpkin desserts.  I hope they would agree pumpkin pie goes from ho hum to wow with this tasty pecan streusel topping.

Margaret's Morsels | Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie

If your state isn't listed, you can view the complete list here.


© Margaret's Morsels

2 comments:

  1. You're making my mouth water, Margaret. I'll have to try some of these recipes. Wish I were as good a cook as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Tracy. Happy New Year to you and your family.

      Delete